Last week review 37-2017 and the weather is pretty much like fall not to say its just beastly because it’s raining all week long 😉
This week i was very happy since i upgrade my desktop pc and this time i tried something from AMD after a long long time the AMD Ryzen 1700X. This CPU offers 8 cores and should improve performance because of the additionla core even though CPU frequency is almost the same. Since a change in CPU results in a change of the mainboard and the RAM is one of the things you have to accept. Even though the change in RAM wouldn’t result in a measurable performance gain.
Nominal the AMD CPU has a frequency of 3.4 GHz so an improvement in performance compared to my Xeon E3 1230 V3 should be a result of the additional cores.
But first of all before we can measure performance Windows 10 should install additonal devices for the new system. A start without any new installation just resultet in the message that new device were made operable and after this message Window s10 started without any problem.
The first look on the co called performance index you’ll see there was a noticable difference. Because booting the new mainboard and the new CPU Windows 10 was deactivated and i wasn’t able to activate it again. Therfore i decided to do a clean install with Windows 10 before comparing the performance of programs like Lightroom or Adobe Premiere Pro.
This week Microsoft Patchday, occured again with bugfixes for the Internet Explorer and corrections for the Micorsoft Office programs. Besides this Adobe published patches for their flash player this week again. For flash i only think off that this app is not needed but Adobe has a lot of older tutorials online based on this unsecure plugin. But i don’t htink that Adobe will convert those older tutorials.
This week there was an update of the DJI App to version 4.1.8, while we’re missing the versions after 4.1.5 . This is a bit irritating because the last version 4.1.5 was released, withdrawn the next day and released again in Goolge’s play store. Today the weather conditions allowed me to risk a flight, not too windy and quite sunny. This week we had an update of the no-fly zonmes and another firmware update to version 1.3.1000 too. I updated the firmware after flying and now i have to try out what changed or which other restrictions where added to the firmware.
But anyway this was an interesting week and I hope you like the blog posts and i’m looking forward to your questions and comments.