Post update on 14.Aug.2016
Last week review 48-2015 and now winter time is there .. ok almost 😉
After the pretty mild temperatures in november now we dropped arround 10° C, but next week is supposed to mild again 😉
This week Google had a surprise for us, the new [post id=1290]Google+ desing[/post], which include functional changes. The opinions about these changes differ a lot.
According to Google the new design and the functional changes should support the communites and collections, which were implemented not long ago. Too me the new design is a little bit unclear and no better than the old version. According to some blog articles Google listened to the criticism and supports a 3-colum,n display now (depending on the monitor resolution). And the missing option to answer a comment not published by the original poster is reimplmented according to other users. The limitations in Google photos are still there, so i’ll stick as long as possible to the old design in my profile.
In the second [post id=1232]article[/post] this week i showed you the setup for the [post id=1015]Canon 16-35/4.0 L IS[/post] on the Nodal Ninja panorama head. I had to do a new setup since the optical system differs a lot to the Canon 17-40/4.0 L. I found a value of 131mm which is the maximum value for Nodal Ninja horizontal rail. The 16-35/4.0 is a lot sharper in the corners [post id=1015]compared[/post] to the Canon 17-40/4.0 But in panoramic photography we’ll don’t need the extreme corner parts of an image, because they aren’t used in the stitching process.
But talking about lenses, i have a new one;-)
The newest member of my [post id=813]Lumix[/post] equipment is the 12-35/2.8 which substitutes the kit lens on my Lumix G6. The first test shots captured with this lens look pretty good 😉 Considering handling i was worried about the lens being to heavy for the little camera, but it fits perfectly to me. Now i’m considering a camparism with this lens and the [post id=1097]Canon 24-70/4.0 L IS[/post] 😉
This week i updated Photomatix Pro bringing the software to version 5.1.1. HDRSoft added support for new cameras, but this doesn’t improve my workflow, because i [post id=655]process[/post] the images first and then handle them over to Photomatix or the Lightroom plugin in TIFF format.
An eventful week and i hope that some of the articles on this blog gained your interests and i look ahead to your comments/suggestions. And don’t forget, i installed a feed for you via feedburner .